Yellow Bell Pepper
Origin: Ontario Local
Their flesh is crisp with a mild, sweet and non-pungent flavor.
Yellow bell peppers will keep refrigerated, for 1-2 weeks.
- can be prepared raw, cooked, roasted or pickled
- slice peppers and layer with squash and tomato, then bake into a gratin
- roast, peel and de-seed, then add to grilled sandwiches or green salads
- finely dice and combine with diced onions and black beans for a side salad
- puree roasted yellow peppers with garbanzo beans and tahini for a flavored hummus
- add diced peppers to frittata
- saute peppers with onions and pork, cover with vegetable stock and cook down into stew
- during the cooking process, the skin of a bell pepper will separate from the flesh