Sold by the bunch.
Origin: United States
Celery, at its best, has a juicy and crunchy flesh with a mild salty flavor. Although celery is most often used for its stalks, its leaves are edible as well and have a concentrated celery-flavor.
Store celery, head intact, in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks
- commonly used as an aromatic, or in mire poix bases
- cook diced celery with onions or apples, potatoes and cream and puree into soup
- braise sliced celery in vegetable stock and wine, or bake with cream and cheese into a gratin
- combine raw celery slices with citrus segments and grains for a cold salad
- stuff 3-4 inch slices of celery with cheese or hummus for an appetizer
Here some other great local products that are totally bikeable: