Sold in standard 227g packages.
Origin: United States
The flavor is mild and somewhat earthy with a meaty texture. The entire Cremini mushroom is edible, unlike the stem of the mature Portobello.
Cremini mushrooms contain 15 different vitamins, minerals and essential phytonutrients. Refrigerating mushrooms can extend the life of the phytonutrients. Agaricus bisporus has been found to contain a polysaccharide that inhibits the growth of a bacterium that is responsible for stomach ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancers.
Creminis can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Store loosely in a paper bag with moist paper towels to prolong freshness.
- ideal for fresh eating, baking, roasting or stewing
- remove the stem, and stuff Cremini mushrooms with crab or other meats, add to sauces and soups or slice and top a pizza
- add quartered Cremini mushrooms to green or grain salads
- the stems are completely edible
- pair with red wine, stock, mozzarella cheese, tomato-based sauces, fresh herbs and beef